21 June, 2011

DAYAK FINANCIAL EDUCATION?


My thought of the day

Dayak may need Financial Education if they want a better future and wish to be at par with others financially and/or economically.


Preparing for the future is essential, today and always, but especially in times of crisis or not. The truth is that when I think of my future, I can only be certain I will face crisis; current or future.

Perhaps you've heard of people who survived a financial/economic crisis because they were well prepared for it. However, it is likely that we have heard otherwise. You might have heard of or met people who lost everything due to such crisis.

The economic failure is not a symptom of lack of intelligence, but it is a lack of financial education. Financial education is a knowledge that is not taught at school, but it should.

Never again can we return to a time when a professional career was good enough to maintain a good lifestyle. That no longer happens.

To expect a good future as the result of long years at school and hard work in a large company is more dangerous than ever.

In times of crisis, to have a profession and a job are not a guarantee of success, and even less of financial freedom.

Fortunately, there are signs that Financial Education need to be included from basic primary education and on. However, this Change will not benefit people who are economically active, and already concluded our basic education.

We must learn and get this education on our own... and we need to do so immediately, right now. Our Dayak future depends on it.

Financial education order and dedication

First of all, we need to know where we are heading and what we want. Only then can we go for it. Once we know this, we need an extra source of money, apart from our jobs.

With sufficient financial education, this extra activity can become our main source of income. But it all starts at the beginning.

We must first be clear about what is our current situation and then be clear what we want. Our future depends on this essential clarification.

An excellent exercise to start this clarification is to consider and answer these questions:
  1. What are my goals in life? Have I written them down?
  2. What are my family, spiritual, professional, and economic goals? Have I written them down? Do I have a date to complete them?
  3. Do I know how to create a budget and stick to it?
  4. Do I know what amount will give me my financial freedom? That is, do I know how much I need to live on my investments, my interests or my residual income?
  5. Do I know how to create an extra income? If you do not have the skills you need, do you know how to get them?
Of course, this is introductory information, but it is a good start.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment